Chorizo with black beans and garlic sour cream
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
300g picante cooking chorizo (6 sausages), sliced in half lengthways
2 x 400g cans black beans, drained
2 teaspoons ground cumin
200ml sour cream
2 cloves garlic, crushed or grated
Corn tacos, to serve
Hot sauce, to serve
Coriander, to serve
SHARE THIS RECIPE
It’s worth buying the best chorizo you can find for this, as it’s really the star of the recipe - we like the picante version. You will need to make sure you’re buying soft cooking chorizo, too, rather than the hard stuff.
1. Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan and cook the onion until soft, around 10 minutes.
2. Add the ground cumin and cook out for a minute or so, stirring. Add the black beans and a splash of water and stir to combine. Cook, stirring regularly for 5 minutes or so, mashing the beans with the back of a spoon a little.
3. Combine the garlic and sour cream with a pinch of salt and set aside.
4. Light two of the gas burners on the Jupiter Outback BBQ and set the heat to medium. Once hot, place the sausages on the grill and cook until caramelised on both sides and heated through. Chorizo is a fatty sausage, so make sure you stay with the BBQ to move the sausages when the grill flares up.
5. Chop up the chorizo and serve with the tacos, beans, sour cream, hot sauce and coriander.
About the recipe author
Helen Graves The Author
Helen Graves is an award-winning recipe, food and travel writer with a particular interest in barbecue. She writes freelance for many major food and drink publications and is editor of Pit, the UK's first independent magazine about live-fire cooking. Helen has created a series of exclusive recipes for Outback that focus on maximising flavour for the home cook using lots of spices, fresh herbs and BBQ techniques.