Grilled Prawns with Garlic, Parsley, Chilli and Caramelised Lemons
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
16 large prawns, shell on
2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
1 red chilli, very finely chopped or 1-2 teaspoons chilli flakes
Small handful parsley leaves, finely chopped
6 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for grilling
2 lemons, cut in half
Crusty bread, to serve
SHARE THIS RECIPE
This grilled shrimp recipe is so simple, very quick to cook and a real crowd pleaser. Make sure you suck all the lovely dressing off the shells before you peel the prawns, and have plenty of bread on hand to soak up what’s left on the plate.
1. Combine the olive oil, garlic, chilli, parsley and some salt in a bowl.
2. Place the prawns in a bowl and add a splash of olive oil, plus some salt and pepper. Mix to coat the prawns.
3. Light one side of the Jupiter Outback BBQ and turn the gas burners to high heat.
4. Add the lemons cut side down and allow to caramelise for 5 minutes, before adding the prawns. Cook the prawns for 5 minutes, turning once, or until pink all over.
5. Toss the cooked prawns in the dressing and squeeze over some caramelised lemon juice. Serve with the remaining lemons and crusty bread.
About the recipe author
Helen Graves The Author
Helen Graves is an award-winning recipe, food and travel writer with a particular interest in barbecue. She writes freelance for many major food and drink publications and is editor of Pit, the UK's first independent magazine about live-fire cooking. Helen has created a series of exclusive recipes for Outback that focus on maximising flavour for the home cook using lots of spices, fresh herbs and BBQ techniques