Grilled Prawns with Mojo Verde
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
10 king prawns
6 cloves garlic
1 large bunch coriander (around 100g)
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
1 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted and ground (or use ground cumin)
4 tablespoons olive oil
Neutral oil, for cooking
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Mojo verde belongs to a family of vibrant green sauces that work so well with grilled food - seafood in particular. This is such a quick dish to put together and is perfect when you need some strong, bright flavours, fast.
1. Combine the garlic, coriander (stalks and leaves), sherry vinegar, cumin, olive oil and some salt in a small food processor or pestle and mortar.
2. Blend to a coarse paste.
3. Preheat two gas burners on the Jupiter Outback BBQ.
4. Lightly coat the prawns in a tablespoon or so of neutral oil.
5. Grill the prawns for a couple of minutes on each side, or until pink and cooked through.
6. Serve with a scattering of sea salt, a little olive oil and the mojo verde.
About the recipe author
Helen Graves The Author
Helen Graves is an award-winning recipe, food and travel writer with a particular interest in barbecue. She writes freelance for many major food and drink publications and is editor of Pit, the UK's first independent magazine about live-fire cooking. Helen has created a series of exclusive recipes for Outback that focus on maximising flavour for the home cook using lots of spices, fresh herbs and BBQ techniques.