Halloumi Peach Salad with Spicy Honey Dressing
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minues
For the salad
4 peaches, stoned and quartered
300g halloumi cheese, sliced
1 tablespoon honey
Small bunch basil, leaves picked
150g giant couscous (or use regular), cooked according to packet instructions
1 little gem lettuce, leaves separated
½ red onion, finely sliced
For the dressing
2 teaspoons chilli flakes
1 tablespoon honey
3 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
SHARE THIS RECIPE
This simple summer salad has lots of sweet and salty contrast thanks to the grilled cheese and soft peaches. If you don’t fancy the fruit warm or want to make the salad even easier to throw together, skip grilling the peach and just slice it before adding to the salad.
1. Make the dressing by combining the honey with 1 tablespoon of hot water and stirring until dissolved. Put in a jam jar with the rest of the ingredients, put the lid on and shake well to combine. Set aside.
2. Light two gas burners on the Jupiter Outback BBQ and set the heat to medium-high.
3. Combine the remaining tablespoon of honey with 1 tablespoon hot water and mix. Brush this over the peaches.
4. Grill the sliced halloumi and peaches for around 10 minutes, or until nicely charred in places.
5. Pour a third of the dressing over the cooked couscous and stir to combine. Arrange on plates with the remaining salad ingredients and pour over the remaining dressing.
About the recipe author
Helen Graves The Author
Helen Graves is an award-winning recipe, food and travel writer with a particular interest in barbecue. She writes freelance for many major food and drink publications and is editor of Pit, the UK's first independent magazine about live-fire cooking. Helen has created a series of exclusive recipes for Outback that focus on maximising flavour for the home cook using lots of spices, fresh herbs and BBQ techniques