Maple Glazed Salmon with Cucumber Salad
For the salmon
2 skin-on salmon fillets
4 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon soy sauce
3 tablespoons lime juice
For the cucumber salad
½ cucumber, cut in half, seeds removed and sliced
Small bunch coriander, chopped
1 red chilli, sliced
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 teaspoon black or white sesame seeds
Pinch caster sugar
SHARE THIS RECIPE
1. Combine the maple syrup, soy sauce and lime juice, reserving two tablespoons for brushing the salmon. Use the remaining marinade on the salmon, placing it in a bowl flesh side down and making sure it is well coated. Set aside to marinate for 20 minutes.
2. Combine the cucumber, coriander and red chilli in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Combine the sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, lime juice and caster sugar. Add to the cucumber salad and stir in the sesame seeds.
4. Light two burners on the Jupiter Outback BBQ and set the heat to medium.
5. Pat the salmon skin dry and place it skin-side down on the grill and close the lid. Cook for around 10 minutes (cooking time will depend on the thickness and shape of the fillets), or until cooked through.
6. Serve with the salad.
About the recipe author
Helen Graves The Author
Helen Graves is an award-winning recipe, food and travel writer with a particular interest in barbecue. She writes freelance for many major food and drink publications and is editor of Pit, the UK's first independent magazine about live-fire cooking. Helen has created a series of exclusive recipes for Outback that focus on maximising flavour for the home cook using lots of spices, fresh herbs and BBQ techniques