Sirloin Steak Tacos with Avocado Crema and Pico de Gallo
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
1 large sirloin steak weighing approx 500g
Juice 3 limes
2 cloves garlic
A dash of hot sauce
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 chillies, finely chopped
3 tomatoes, finely diced
1 handful coriander leaves, chopped
Corn tacos, to serve
SHARE THIS RECIPE
These steak tacos are fresh, bright and perfect for feeding a crowd, as everyone can dig in and help themselves. We like to cook one large steal but you could use smaller cuts. Serve with lots of corn tacos and extra hot sauce.
1. Make the pico de gallo by combining the tomatoes, onion, chillies, coriander, juice of 1-2 limes and some salt.
2. Make the avocado crema by placing the avocados, juice of 1 lime, garlic, dash of hot sauce and some salt in a blender and blending until completely smooth.
3. Light two gas burners on the Jupiter Outback BBQ and turn the heat to high. Season the steak very well with salt.
4. Cook the steak for around 5 minutes each side for medium rare, or until cooked to your liking. Cooking times will vary depending on the thickness of the steak.
5. Rest the steak for 5 minutes.
6. Slice the steak and serve with the tacos, avocado crema, pico de gallo and hot sauce.
About the recipe author
Helen Graves The Author
Helen Graves is an award-winning recipe, food and travel writer with a particular interest in barbecue. She writes freelance for many major food and drink publications and is editor of Pit, the UK's first independent magazine about live-fire cooking. Helen has created a series of exclusive recipes for Outback that focus on maximising flavour for the home cook using lots of spices, fresh herbs and BBQ techniques.