Steak, Pear and Stilton Salad
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
1 rib-eye, sirloin or fillet steak
1 chicory or red endive, leaves separated
1 conference pear, cored and sliced
For the dressing
50g Stilton, crumbled, plus extra to garnish
150g natural yoghurt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil plus extra, to serve
1 tablespoon finely chopped chives plus extra to garnish
SHARE THIS RECIPE
All great salads are a combination of contrasting textures and flavours. Here, grilled steak is combined with crisp, juicy pears and creamy Stilton cheese to make an addictive summer salad.
1. Combine all the dressing ingredients with a pinch of salt and pepper and mix well. Set aside.
2. Light 2 burners on the Jupiter Outback BBQ and set the heat to high.
3. Season the steak highly with salt.
4. Grill the steak to your liking - timings will depend on the thickness and cut of steak. We recommend medium or medium rare for rib eye and sirloin, and rare for fillet.
5. Allow the steak to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
6. Arrange the steak, chicory and pears on a plate and top with the dressing, more crumbled Stilton and chives. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil.
About the recipe author
Helen Graves The Author
Helen Graves is an award-winning recipe, food and travel writer with a particular interest in barbecue. She writes freelance for many major food and drink publications and is editor of Pit, the UK's first independent magazine about live-fire cooking. Helen has created a series of exclusive recipes for Outback that focus on maximising flavour for the home cook using lots of spices, fresh herbs and BBQ techniques.